Circa £110K +Car Allowance +Bonus + EMI Share Options
Relocation Assistance May Be Available
Our client, is a “safety first” accredited ISO 9001/ ISO 14001 business, which forms part of a well-respected, profitable and dynamic group. Recognised as a leading niche supplier of specialist munitions, pyrotechnics, 12 Gauge, EOD and public order solutions, they boast a diverse international customer base and have an enviable reputation for their performance, agility, product quality and innovative designs.
The key role of the Managing Director is to give strategic and commercial leadership to the business and to direct and control its operations to ensure that the company achieves its objectives for future profitable growth.
Drive a commercial and business development strategy that will profitably grow sales of existing products and services:
- Build the pipeline of orders, develop brand awareness and promote a responsive, customer focused approach to business management
- Establish and pro-actively manage the appropriate sales channels for the development of international & UK business for “lethal” and “less than lethal” products
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, relevant military and police departments and key decision makers.
- Oversee the research and benchmarking of all business opportunities for future market requirements
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms.
Drive a commercially and technically focused NPD process to create a world class and competitive product portfolio:
- Leverage the company’s expertise, technologies and intellectual property in identifying, researching and bringing to market new products and services.
- Ensure the most cost effective methods and approaches are used in delivering product developments on time and within budget.
Oversee and implement improvements to process and procedures ensuring that optimal levels of safety and performance are achieved:
- Ensure continued development of “best in class” safety culture and ensure compliance against ER2014 safety regulations.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture of workforce involvement and a right first time approach.
- Ensure robust manufacturing and supply chain procedures are in place; drive through change in order to improve quality, reduce lead times & costs.
Ensure the company achieves its targets and increases shareholder value:
- Produce and meet well-reasoned and robust business plans and forecasts and monitor progress against these plans as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Improve financial KPIs, particular attention to: EBIT, gross margin percentages, stock management and cash flow.
Working closely with the CEO, and as a member of the Group Board, develop and implement long term business strategy, shape organisational culture and improve governance.
Please send your detailed CV quoting reference 18/1960 to our retained consultant David Smalley at Daniels Smalley Partnership, email email@example.com