Hayes, Greater/West London
To £120,000 plus Car & Benefits, including a Bonus and Share Options
Relocation Assistance May Be Available
Our client is a highly profitable, award winning £25M turnover specialist engineering company that forms an
integral part of a larger private investment group.
With over 40 years architectural metalwork manufacturing experience within the commercial, residential,
transport, retail, airports, stadia, education, leisure and infrastructure sectors; this pioneering technology and manufacturing company also provides leading products, specialist engineering
solutions and field support services for all modes of passenger transport.
It holds contracts with major cities for the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of bespoke
products and solutions that encompass premium quality architectural metalwork, structural steelwork, sheet metalwork, architectural glass and glazing systems.
- Responsible for the management of all production activities within the company; with a specific emphasis on
delivering improved operational effectiveness, material flow and also in ensuring that all elements of production, material storage, planning, order fulfilment and logistics work are undertaken to
- Manage and coordinate all production and production engineering activities with a practical ‘hands on’
approach in order to manage the entire manufacturing process, encompassing all production office & shop floor manufacturing activities and processes.
- Build and lead a high performing and motivated manufacturing team to achieve company objectives by
communicating expectations, developing personnel, auditing process controls and evolving procedures to achieve and maintain best practice.
- Lead a high performing production planning, resource, capacity planning system and team; develop and improve
production planning processes with materials control ensuring optimum results with uninterrupted supply.
- Manage internal Design, Engineering Production, Purchasing & Assembly Departments.
- Implement robust systems into production that bring about step change and enhance productivity, but without
adversely affect agility; simplify systems where appropriate and ensure better compliance with SOP’s to improve consistency.
- Ensure effective material sourcing and supply chain activities are focused on delivering reliable sources of
supply and optimise delivery, performance & cost.
- Oversee the management of production planning, the optimisation of material resources / allocation and
capacity issues within a manufacturing operation that is characterised by short lead teams.
- Adopt a proactive approach in ensuring that production plays its part in improving delivery performance and
customer satisfaction by implementing measures to better manage last minute activities and the impact of late design changes.
- Oversee the running of the Companies MRP system including the management and coordination of production
priorities with MRP planner and in production workshops in order to ensure the progress of work at each key stage of manufacture.
- Identify continuous improvement manufacturing strategies & processes in order to develop and maintain
excellent production techniques; ensure that the Company’s products are produced on time and to a high standard of quality.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control processes in order to ensure quality control
documentation and compliance.
- Identify all opportunities for cost reduction and implement improvement to production activities in order to
ensure that they remain lean, optimised & efficient.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports on project performance in order to assist and deliver projects on time
and within budget.
- Oversee recruitment and resource allocation for all manufacturing labour; also source and manage
subcontractors & subcontract labour as required.
- Provide support where required with the Companies manufacturing order processing system; oversee and manage
stock takes, stock and WIP valuations.
- Attend internal meetings and provide progress reports where required.
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial, Production Engineering, Construction or a similar
discipline is preferred but is not essential.
- You are likely to be already operating as an established Production, Operations or Manufacturing
Director; however we will also consider an ambitious Production Manager (10 years + experience) who has the required drive, technical skills, industry knowledge and ambition to take the next career
- Substantial experience gained from within Architectural Metalwork Manufacturing or metal forming, related
engineering, sheet metal, fabrication or steelwork subcontract engineering industry is essential.
- A ‘hands on doer’ who is able to perform within an agile, project orientated, often bespoke, technically
complex, fast paced, rapid turnaround SME environment; must be able to balance this ‘hands on’ requirement with the strategic skills required to align production with the company’s overall business
- Ensure compliance with all necessary health & safety, environmental and quality policies in accordance
with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Credible, with well-developed leadership and change management skills.
- Harness a working environment that encourages team work and instils a culture of responsiveness to
- Strong communication, decision making, organisational & influencing skills.
- Results orientated; ensure that the right KPI’s are in place to accurately measure and drive production
- Attention to detail; also display a logical and disciplined determination to achieve.
- Excellent knowledge of production management and the application of systems, tools & techniques within a
bespoke solutions based metal fabrication environment.
- Knowledge of production engineering software and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities; provide forecasts, keep colleagues informed
and ensure that the customer remains on board.
- As part of the senior leadership team, display the technical, financial & commercial skills required to
influence the future direction and support growth plans.
Please send your detailed CV quoting reference 18/1920 to our retained consultant David Smalley at Daniels Smalley Partnership, Pencoed Technology
Centre, Pencoed CF35 5HZ.
Tel: 01656 856200 or email email@example.com